"I thought I was going to watch him die!"
DISTURBING VIDEO: Tamara Seibert of Toronto, Ontario reacts with horror as her 5-year-old Rottweiler Vado flies from the floor to the ceiling after his leash got caught in an elevator door. Seibert broke two fingers and further injured her hand while trying to undo his collar. The dog’s leash eventually snapped and he was shaken, but okay.
I am reminded of Mary Trinkle who raised standard longhairs on Long Island years ago. There was a small elevator in her home for her husband Fred who was confined to a wheelchair. Mary lost a dog when the elevator door broke his neck.
Those of us who travel with dogs use elevators on occasion. Let this be a reminder to use them with good awareness!